Le café de brassband.fr

Parlons Brass Band

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 06-12-2009 19:43:10

ChrisHelme
Nouveau membre

New Book - '...What Brass Bands Did For Me.....'

I have been involved with the brass-band world for more than fifty years and was prompted into researching the subject by a desire to find out where the great performers of yesteryear were today; who are these composers and arrangers whose name you can find in the top left or top right-hand corners of a piece of music? Celebrating  the world of brass bands and remembering the unforgettable characters that live on through their music

•    An inside view of personalities from the world of brass bands (both living and deceased), the impact it had on their lives and those people around them.
•    A fascinating insight into some of the foremost figures in both their own banding area and the     national scene.
•    Evoking many happy memories for those who have been involved with bands at any level over the years.
•    An essential record of life in the mill towns as it once was. A triumphant celebration of a community that lives on into the twenty-first century.
•    Illustrated with over 100 previously unpublished archive photographs from private collections.

I write local history and nostalgia and I am a real brass-band enthusiast and live in West Yorkshire, England. I am also the editor of The Conductor, the in-house magazine of the National Association of Brass Band Conductors  (www.nabbc.org.uk) and I also write for The British Bandsman.

Filled with archive photographs, and with contributions from the people I have chosen to be in this wonderful publication, as well as their families, friends and banding colleagues. This new book celebrates both the triumph and sadness, local life, band life and community success, as well as national recognition.

‘… What Brass Bands Did For Me…’, will bring back many happy memories for those who have been involved with bands at any level over the years. An essential record of life in the mill towns as it once was, and a triumphant celebration of a community activity that lives on into the twenty-first century, it must be a must-have for every lover of music.

The individual stories cover brass band personalities from almost all parts of the UK. This book will be of interest to anyone who has or had a connection or just an appreciation of all that is brass band related. The book has 128 pages and is full of stories and nostalgia and is priced at £12.99 +p/p (Euro 18.50 including postage and packaging) PayPal accepted

To order a signed copy direct from the author, please contact me through the details set out below.  This publication was published on 16, November 2009 and is a book not to miss………

TO GET YOUR COPY CONTACT   Chris Helme - E-mail: enquiries@chrishelme-brighouse.org.uk

Chris Helme
www.chrishelme-brighouse.org.uk

Pied de page des forums

Nous recherchons des soutiens financiers
Contactez-nous !
L'association qui fait vivre brassband.fr est reconnue d'utilité publique. Vos dons sont déductibles des impôts à hauteur de 66%.